We heard you’re in the market for a new house. Congratulations! We love new homes here at Debowsky Design Group. Actually, we love new homes, older homes, tiny homes, massive buildings, and even empty plots of land.
We’re architects and designers. Building spaces for you to live and work is kind of our thing.
Buying a home is one of the most rewarding, wonderfully memory-making, and incredibly stressful decisions you’ll make, so it’s important to get it right. Our team at Debowsky Design Group is here for you.
We offer a completely free walk-through service of up to three homes you’re considering for purchase. We’ll point out structural issues, outstanding features, and talk about your plan to “just knock out that wall and the other ones and turn the whole first floor into an open plan situation.”
And, yes. All of that is completely free. All you need to do is call us when you’ve found a house that you’d like us to review.
In the meantime, here are a few things to consider before making that offer:
- Research your neighborhood. Assess the schools, public infrastructure, proximity to shops, and the property’s ability to appreciate in value. In terms of the home’s growth potential, our team looks at the area’s specific building codes and requirements, and provides a rough estimate of the costs any renovations will incur.
- Check the big-ticket items. We look closely at the roof, windows, HVAC, and even structural issues that may become an issue during a renovation.
- Don’t worry about the paint colors but do worry a little about the kitchen. It’s the heart of the home, after all, and a complete gutting should factor into your decision. We can tell you what’s possible, and how much it will cost – both in time and money.
- Don’t forget about the flooring. We keep our eye out for uneven floors and warping, which may be signs of bigger problems like water damage, hidden mold and even foundational issues.
- Be prepared to walk away. Armed with the opinion of an experienced architect and designer, you’ll know exactly how much the home is worth to you. This makes negotiating a lot easier. And if you don’t buy this one, there are always a few more we still have yet to see.
Got a house you’d like us to review? Give us a call.
SIMPLY FILL OUT THE FORM
Or contact us at the information provided below.